Artisan Bread-20% Project, Week 1

Hello, my name is Noah, and I am baking bread for my 20% Project. For the first week, I decided to make artisan bread. I researched and found a recipe from Preppy Kitchen that looked intriguing. I started by gathering all the ingredients, carefully measuring, and mixing them. As I kneaded the dough, the dough started to become one piece. After letting it rise for several hours, I kneaded the dough again and shaped it. The aroma that filled my kitchen when the bread came out of the oven was amazing. But of course, the true test was in the taste. I sliced into the bread and was delighted by how it looked. The texture was perfect, and it was like a sponge. It tasted delicious. The crust had a satisfying crunch, while the inside was soft. Adding a bit of butter made it even better. The only issue I had was that the bottom of the bread was overcooked, while the top and side were perfectly golden brown. I plan to move the rack one or two notches higher next time. Next week, I plan to make Italian bread.